New system aimed to provide solutions across a range of applications
Italian loudspeaker manufacturer has announced the launch of its Vertus CLA (Column Line Array) system.
The Vertus CLA was built with the intention of integrating professional line array technology in a compact speaker column. Its cylindrical wave front is designed to provide precise horizontal coverage without the reverberation that can affect traditional speaker systems, while its long and thin form allows for the integration of the speaker column in any environment in a discrete fashion.
FBT’s Vertus CLA is comprised of two products; the CLA 604A and the CLA 208SA.
The CLA604a is an extruded aluminium column speaker that comes fitted with six 4” custom neodymium woofers and four neodymium dome tweeters, each coupled to a wave guide. Class D amplification, (400W for the woofers and 100W for the tweeters) with switch mode power supply, DSP processor and four equalisation presets, is designed to allow for appropriate sound in any condition. Its modular design also offers the option for doubling-up CLA 604A modules to form a unified column with an absolute and coherent source.
The CLA 208SA is an active subwoofer with two 8” drivers in a bass-reflex design, birch ply enclosure. A Class D amplifier delivers 600W and is matched with a switch mode power supply and a DSP processor with filtering functions, equalisation and speaker protection. Created with the idea of extending the CLA 604A’s low frequency performance in live applications, the CLA208Sa serves as the base support for the CLA604a column speaker, which can either be front mounted to the sub, or fixed upon the optional stand through the M20 socket on the top of the sub.Article continues below
Meanwhile, the internal XLR signal link system and Neutrik POWERCONN power supply on both the sub and the satellite, allows for hiding wires and cables from open sight, maintaining the clean aesthetic of the system.
Please see below for full product specification:
400W + 100W RMS
Column Active Line Array
- 2-way bi-amplified Line Array Column
- 6 x 4” (100mm) custom neodymium woofer with 1” (25 mm) voice coil
- 4 x 1” (25mm) neodymium dome tweeter on waveguide
- Class D 400Wrms amplifier for LF and 100Wrms for HF with switch mode power supply, 125dB Max SPL
- DSP processor with 8 available equalization presets
- 100°H x 20°V dispersion
- Extruded-aluminum powder-coated cabinets. Superior as well as inferior latching system, enables the extension of the length of the line array adding CLA604A modules for a greater modularity of the system.
- Easily expandable for a total power of 6600W (stereo system composed of 3 x CLA604a and 3 x CLA208Sa)
Processed Active Subwoofer
- Active subwoofer in bass-reflex design
- 2 x 8” (200mm) custom neodymium, high-excursion woofer with 1,4” (38 mm) voice coil
- Class D 600Wrms amplifier with switch mode power supply, 129dB Max SPL
- DSP processor with 4 available presets
- 15mm birch plywood enclosure with anti-scratch paint finish, stackable Suitable for low frequency extension and reinforcement of the CLA604a array, especially for live performance.
Keep up to date with the latest developments from the world of pro audio by registering for our free daily newsletter.